The 2013 Bloomin Brains Camp was a great success.
Campers will had an opportunity to:
- Conduct hands-on science experiments
- Learn about traditional uses of medicinal plants in Native cultures
- Explore the structure and function of the brain
- Visit the Burke Museum, UW Botany Greenhouse, Medicinal Herb Garden, the Hyde Herbarium, and UW Farm
- Listen to real scientists talk about their careers
- Discover "the art of the brain" by constructing models
- Make a plant extract and tie-dye a shirt
- Research neuroscience at the UW computer lab
Discover how much fun science can be!
Get a feel for the brain
The spiker box
Questions about camp? Contact: Marcia Johnson Witter firstname.lastname@example.org
'Bloomin' Brains' is part of a research project supported by an award from Blueprint for Neuroscience Research and administered by the National Institute on Drug Abuse.